Thursday, July 12, 2012

Furling Frenzy..

So I had a minute at work (shhh..don't tell anyone) so I decided I would put up a little post. Over the past week I have been doing a ton of reading and research on furled leaders. I am fairly confident I understand how its done so this weekend I am going to give it a go. To be honest I need another project as much as I need a "hole in my head" but what the heck, it sounds like a good idea.


My plan is to start with a "trout" furled leader and then as I learn work my way up to some big bad saltwater leaders. My first go will probably be 6/0 uni because I have it available and with a bobbin it seems like it would be easier. I'll take some pictures (good, bad, or indifferent) all long the way for those (if anyone) is reading in the blog world.

Do any of you (assuming there is somewhere out there reading this) use furled leaders? If so, for what species? Do you make your own? 

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment