Friday, February 1, 2013

Florida.. Continued!

Day 2.

Day 2 of fishing on my trip to Florida was one of the coolest I have taken in a long time and also something very new to me. I fished with Jennifer Wolter from Finseeker Guided Adventures (http://www.finseekerguidedadventuresfl.com/). The trip was via kayak and was an AWESOME time. We fished Fort Myers back water for juvenile tarpon. This was my first trip fly fishing a kayak and I actually did ok. Jennifer was a great guide and genuinely fun to fish with (this was even after I was 30 min late because I misread her email!). We had lots of tarpon rolling but sadly no takers. Some followed and pushed on the flys but they weren't interested in taking what I was throwing. Now the kayak part really sold me. I plan on buying one in the spring as I have been fishing solo lately. She taught me some cool stuff and was kind enough to tell me her expieriences with different kayaks. If you are in the Naples/Ft. Myers/ area call her up and book a trip. She does a number of different types of trips.. Kayak, Land, Kayak + wading. I will be back fishing with her for sure. Hopefully, next time the fish cooperate too!



No comments:

Post a Comment