Sunday, June 17, 2012

Custom Fly Rod

Over the past couple weeks I have been working with Steve Clark, owner of Midwest Custom Fly Rods (http://www.midwestcustomflyrods.com/index.php) on a custom build Warmwater rod for me. My specifications going into it were 9wt, 4 pc, fast action, fighting butt, and to match my Allen Alpha II Reel (aquamarine in color). I also picked out a "window" reel seat and had my fishing nickname laser etched in it (pictured below). Steve out did my expectations and made a BEAUTIFUL rod. I picked it up yesterday and I cannot possibly be more excited about it. Its everything I was looking for and more. Quite the show piece and its gonna be a fisher, thats for sure. Steve's prices are very affordable and he is a pleasure to deal with. I highly highly recommend contacting him for your next rod. He will be sure to put the exact rod in your hands that you are looking for. Below are some pictures of the rod I stole from Steve (thanks Steve!). They are fantastic pictures, yet it still doesn't do the rod justice as it does when you put it in your hands.


For those of you that follow my blog you know that I tie flies..a lot of flies. Well to thank Steve I tied him up a few flies. They are warmwater fly patterns. I hope that they catch him fish, like I know the rod he made me will. Enjoy!







 Custom Painted and Tied Popper

 Dahlberg Diver w/ Finn Raccoon Tail

  Dahlberg Diver w/ Finn Raccoon Tail

Carolina Fly (Thomas Harvey) Bass Pattern

 Carolina Fly (Thomas Harvey) Wedding Veil Pattern

  Carolina Fly (Thomas Harvey) Wedding Veil Pattern



No comments:

Post a Comment